Friday, January 13, 2012

Be Talk: Maybelline BB Cream-Brief Review and Swatch

DRUMROLLS
The Maybelline BB Cream is Here
On My Hand!!!!

Call it hype-call it intense curiosity or call it a simple need for a Balm for Blemish -The Maybelline BB cream has got us waiting with bated breath for the last few weeks ever since we heard it coming! The last thing that sparked such intense interest among people was perhaps the new Bachchan Baby!!! ( Thats also BB :D)

As soon as I spotted it today in Shoppers Stop- I made a funny rush to the counter and yelled-BB CREAMMMMM!!!!!


I heard that the shipment arrived only today! 


This is what I found out about the Maybelline BB cream over the Internet:

 
I am so sorry-my cam dint find a better time to bomb-I promise I will be posting better pics later!

Price: 199 INR
  
This is what is written on the back of the pack:

Infused with a good for you ingredients-talc, fairness complex moistiuriser and skin brightening minerals to 8 skin-transforming benefits.

Brigthens
Evens Tone
Protects
Hydrates
Freshens
Smoothes
Clarifies
Conceals Flaws

There are three shades available-1) Nude 2) Natural 3) Radiance

The nude is palest of all. Natural is the one I got. Radiance is cooler toned. 


Me Talk:

 I really need to test it thoroughly before I say anything conclusive about it. Even the SA at the shoppers stop told me with a smile-" Do tell us how it is after you use-its very recently launched product". The first impression was kinda surprising-as the BB of this cream actially stands for Brightness Benefit-rather than Blemish Balm. I dont know whether the name "blemish balm" has some copy right issues that the Maybelline BB cream acronym actually has the full form: Brightness Benefit! I am confused here-did Maybelline use the word BB cream to create the hype and then sell something entirely different that the real BB creams?? Dunno!!!



 I find the container to be very small-its overall length is about 3.5 inches and the product amount is only 18ml. It is made in China. It says no oil, no pore clogging and suitable for sensitive skin. Whether it remains true to its claims-I needa check out.




Initially, I find it as a beige colored liquid with the consitency of a moisturizing lotion. I used it on the back of my palm and spread it. It settled down as a tinted moisturiser-with some white cast which was visible. I am not sure whether this cast is meant for concealing or creating the brightening effect.  This I think is supposed to be used as a base and topped with a foundation.That phase is yet to be tested- that how this BB cream accentuates the effect of foundation-whether it makes it stay longer-and whether the claim of 8rounds of benefit is actually true.


This is the final effect! 

I tried to use it over some pimple marks to see whether it conceals the mark -I just found a whitish cast over them-not much of concealing effect was seen -but some brightness was definitely observed!!!

Will post more details once I use it for a whole day out with foundation!


BTW I had this today!



29 comments:

  1. last er pic ta dewar ki khoooobbb dorkar chilo :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tehehehe-that was the best part of todays day out :)

      Delete
  2. i need to know more about this product..do share more pics
    how it works on ur face ..those kinda pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure- I will post my feedback as soon as I would wear it and spend at least a day with it on :)

      Delete
  3. i agree with sukanya. :-/ waiting for the full review btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ehehehehe-sure-lemme use it once -I will post the detailed feedback :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. yepp-but I really want to see whether it lives up to its claims and all the hype :)

      Delete
  5. haha, I saw only the last pic and forgot about the review. I saw it at Pantaloons about a week back and I was like,hmm....lets get to know more about it before I buy anything more to my foundation/tinted moisturizers clutter. Thanks for the review, I don't think i wanna get this :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha-but yaa-I would suggest you wait for detailed reviews before buying it-I am not sure how this will work out :(

      Delete
  6. i think even i am goin to try this product out!!
    its quite cheap so no big deal rite!!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya-you can try this-although I need to check myself how much effective it really is!

      Delete
  7. ooh! It is out? I'm getting this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe-it was launched in Kolkata yesterday-and I couldnt wait to try this :) :)

      Delete
  8. I went to my nearest maybelline counter last week! It wasnt available back then :( WIll def check it out soon! WANT WANT WANT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe-yaa-do check out the counter this week-I think you will get them :) :)

      Delete
  9. wow! u got this anuradha? awesome! i am not sure if its been launched in pune yet.. have to go and check! :) waiting for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yaa-only yesterday I went to Shoppers Stop-and found that the shipment has arrived just a few Hours back!!! I almost pounced on the counter :D

      Delete
  10. Looks good! but i will skip this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm-or wait for more reviews to come up-with all feedback-then you can try-will let u know how it went with me :)

      Delete
  11. M so proud on d fact that I got to test this product before it we launched along wit few of my frndz ... We all agreed that it suited us quite well and dis product ll b rage in Market compaed to other ones which they tested ... I do hope you like it as much as I didi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that sounds gr8 rids!! I too hope this works :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. BB cream finally here :D
    yay... :)
    ok i must agre both things make me drool :P :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha-yeah-the coffee was too good!! I am yet to find how the BB cream is !! :)

      Delete
  14. Thank you for your kind comments on my lil blog. I'm so glad maybelline's BB cream has finally hit the Indian markets. I have used skinfood's BB cream. but initially found it too heavy for my oily skin. My friend swears by it though. She has stopped wearing foundation and her acne scars have improved 100% in the course of six months. She used skinfood's mushroom bb cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard so much about skin food and missha bb creams-and their wonderful effects-dunno how close will this Brightness Benefit cream will be to them-I am keeping my expectations low :(

      Delete
  15. wow! thanks for this preview girl! it's been very nicely written! :) btw i just came across your blog today! It's very interesting I must say! keep up with the great wrk!and yes fotd with this one pleaseeee! :D
    following you now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww-thankuuu for following me!! I am so happy u appreciated my little endeavor at writing this blog-these sweet words truly inspire me to follow my dreams :) :) I will surely post a FOTD and detailed review once I wear it for a whole day out :) keep visiting me please :)

      Delete
  16. I love maybelline products....Im not much of a make up person as the climate here is hot n humid..I guess i will try BB cream out for night events and functions :)

    ReplyDelete

Let Be-Talking Begin !!!!