Friday, July 13, 2012

Be Talk: Maybelline Master Drama Kohl Liner



Product name:  Maybelline Master Drama Kohl Liner

Type: Pencil Liner

Shade: Black

Price: Around 7 Euro

Availability: Not available in India yet

Well this is after I moved to Germany for pursuing my studies. The first thing that I needed to survive in this new place was-err-a perfect black eyeliner!! Hehe-it sounds weird-but I can honestly confess that I can survive German food-German winter and well even the preliminary shocks of living away from family-but I wouldnt survive a day without a jet black-longstaying eyeliner!!!

This is my everyday look-so you can guess how much my regular NEED for liners is :D
 So-the first thing I looked for in the supermarket here in Germany was –yes-not cereals, not soaps- but a good eyeliner pencil!!! The one that I brought from home along with me here-the Revlon Colorstay liner pencil-I have preserved it like some heaven’s gift (yes! Even here-why-I shall discuss shortly!). To take its place-well not exactly-but close-I now have  the Maybelline Master Drama Eyeliner pencil and here-I talk about it!

The twist up version is shown here-however I prefer the shapen-able variety
 

I dont know why they call it Khol instead of Kohl!!!

Maybelline is one magic brand which can bring before you exactly what you want- at the price you are willing to pay and the quality you can happily accept. The Maybelline Master Drama Eyeliner pencil gets full marks on my first criterion-it gives the most pigmented and blackest black line in one swipe. The finish is glossy and the liner does not budge a bit even when I am wearing for a whole day! And..the price is just 7 Euros!! Beat that!

U get that in just one stroke!

After wearing the liner for a full day!!!
Okay –but even this piece of beauty can be beaten! Although this liner doesn’t fade much or smudge even on lower lashline-it messes up my upper eyelid somewhat :(  Well-off course I make a thick line-thicker than one usually makes with an eyeliner-but after 5 minutes of applying I am sure find to a black rainbow forming on my eyelids !! 


 That is where my old buddy Revlon Colorstay take away the laurels! (read its review here) The Revlon Colostay-would stay exactly where I would put it-not a millimeter aside! 

So to sum up:

Pro  Side:


1) Most pigmented black liner one can expect
2) One stroke of this line gives a glossy-pitch black line.
3) Doesnt fade even on my oily eyelids. Staying power is nearly whole day (12 hours)
4) Price is within grocery-budget! :D


Down Side:


1) Smudges on the upper eyelid-however this wont be a problem for girls liking a thin line
2) Not available in India 


Recommendations: 100%

16 comments:

  1. wow, you in Germany now!? Great! Do click loads of photos of that place and share your story about how its like to live there as an Indian ^_^.

    Great review.

    ♥Crazy Pop Lock♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bharti thanks so much for visiting my blog-and yaa-I will make a post on my new life here sometime-lemme get some good pictures :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. lovely, I was in germany for quite sometime and I love the DM store there , it was fav hangout only to buy makeup :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I just visited ur blog!!! Its lovely!!! would follow u! ( my browser has got some problems-I cant see my own follower list and neither the GFC button on other blogs :( )

      Delete
    2. Hey I shall follow you, thanks for dropping by my page ..........do you have a FB page?? Mine is on wordpress , so no GFC button on my blog, you can follow via FB or netwwoked blogs....this is my FB page link....I have followed you via networked blogs :) also done via GFC :) do follow me back, if you like my page :)

      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celebrating-Feminity/129369217188294

      Delete
    3. Hey Dear! Thankuuuu so much!! I really liked ur blog-followed you by FB and now by NBs!!! keep in touch!!!

      Delete
  3. Hi...you look damn pretty in all the pics :)
    This looks very pigmented....hope its available here soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW thankk you!!! Yes-I seriously dont understand why Maybelline and other brands dont launch some of the most favorite and popular products in India!!! Hope they would bring it soon!!

      Delete
  4. that's a very good review and it's super black. Hi! Nice to you are in Germany now. wow! how do you find the place and people there? , maybe you could do a post on it.take care :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankkuuuu dear!! I am really thinking of making a post on my life and off course on the wide variety of makeup products available here!!! Just need some time to click good pics and collect some info :) :)

      Delete
    2. awesome, hope you are doing well, take care :) looking forward to those posts.

      Delete
    3. awww dearie-thanks!!! Its the sweet readers as you that make me come back to my blog-even when I dont have enough time for lunch :D :D :D

      Delete
  5. This is so rich black..nice u have access to all the good stuff ;) Hows Germany treating you ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Germany is nice-but the weather fluctuates a lot-it is beautiful on a warm sunny day-which is rare-else its cloudy and rainy and cold..whats nice is that I have found some really good drugstore makeup products here-will make a post sometime!!!

      Delete
  6. This looks wonderful! Why cant Maybelline launch these here :((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they do it soon!!!! This is a must have in my kitty now!!!!

      Delete

Let Be-Talking Begin !!!!