Saturday, November 30, 2013

Be Talk: Maybelline 14 hr Lipstick in Always Plum- A Nice-for-Office Shade!



Maybelline 14 hr Lipstick in Always Plum

Price: 525 INR/ 10.85 Eur

The Maybelline 14 Hour lipsticks are a pack of surprises. With colors that many other brands hardly offer, Maybelline does the job of successfully packing ample quality as well. When I visit drugstores here, I never fail to check out the Maybelline deck at least once-and find out what new it has got to offer. 



 
Makeup counters at a typical drugstore in Germany

The Always Plum Lippy description from Maybelline website


Description: I found the shade to be a nice magenta-plum, although it looks kinda vampy-violet from outside the packaging. It turns out to be the perfect matte plum that you sport on your pout in office safely. The staying power of this range is probably one of the best I have used. But like some other lippies of this range which I have found to be not so friendly with dry lips, this lipstick is pretty soft and doesn’t tug at lip lines. But anyway, it is a basic tip to always moisturize lips before wearing any lippy especially matte ones.






Pros. Beautiful shade, very apt for formal wear. Soft texture that doesn’t fell dry on lips. Affordable Price.
 
Cons: Haven’t found one yet!

  My tired FOTD after a working day :D

Rating: 4/5
 

13 comments:

  1. shade looks amazing dear, liked it in swatches n on u 2, i had checked this range here, but i didnt quite like the feel of it on my lips so didnt take it, was drying for me, the picc of the store looks gr88, i wanna go thr n shop n shop :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyy Taps-I totally agree!! I was so frustrated with the texture of one of these 14hr lippies that I swore I won buy another! But this one had such a smooth texture and b'ful shade-that I couldnt resist! And yes-the makeup counters are really nice-and no pushy SAs to force you to buy anything! Sometimes I just swatch and come back :D

      Delete
  2. I am a sucker for this shade! Almost all my lipsticks are in this shade :P Looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty shade :) u look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. preety shade.. luks beautiful on u <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks dark in the tube but very nice on ur lips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yess-I was bit skeptical about the color at first-but on swatching it looked lovely!

      Delete
  6. This is a gorgeous shade and it looks stunning on you, you look really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish we had such droolworthy makeup counters here! Always plum looks very pretty on u!

    ReplyDelete

Let Be-Talking Begin !!!!